Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dvr Distributor Recently I Got A Tivo From A 3rd Party Distributor But It Won’t Work Without A Subscription. What Can I Do?

Recently I got a Tivo from a 3rd party distributor but it won't work without a subscription. What can I do? - dvr distributor

Saludos;

I have a problem I was hoping someone can help me. I recently got a TiVo Series 2 DVR, and so made plans, it is independently as a great writer, using the drawings, which are not necessary characteristic. I used it for a week, but a few days, a subscription message seemed to indicate that I need to register for the service if I wanted the DVR for the further work required. It woks now only in "Live TV" mode, or even simple functions can use the videotape with him - essentially a glorified paperweight. No point in spending money for a simple service in which the features of DVR clearly not a service but a part of the functionality of the device as a DVR. The DVR has already been paid $ 300 - What is the point of my subscription? I can not return the unit to the merchant will not accept is, unless defective, apparently not. I'm not a hacker, but I use only to my TiVo as a luxury VCR.

4 comments:

mraudio8... said...

All trademarks TiVo DVR requires a subscription to work. This has always been the case. The Vine "subscription required" to. No hacks or ways around it.

eaglesfa... said...

No, you have a subscription. It pays subsidies for the ads on TV and TiVo the price of the box (I do not know how you pay 300 $, but after a refund of most of the space is around $ 150).

RockRatt said...

TiVo Series 2 can be used only with a valid subscription unfortuantly. The first was the DVR TiVo Series 1 and can easily be used as a digital video player without a subscription. Tivo decided if they arrived with TiVo Series 2 and Series 3, Thye work only with a valid subscription. Tivo can be modified (hacked) in order to obtain some additional benefits, but I can say from experience that none allow the TiVo hacking websites, including all forms of hacking Tivo boxes to avoid a subscription. It is as theft-of-service and remove any questions or comments about it.

If you are familiar with the operating system Linux, you could have a chance to find it for that purpose hack, but I have never seen a comment on anyway.

May have to be legally hacked Tivos update / Set the Tivo more comfort, but on the question of membership on the hard drive industry have ablility to zero hack. Here Tivo version of Linux can not be pirated Legalal. TiVo has a patent on the existence of software. Today, some parts of the software under the GNU license. License Restrictions. Here's something that is I found that describes a little bit.
...
"The software may contain elements that are in the" free software "open source licenses and similar rights to use any licenses that these components are used, modified and / or distributed under the terms of these licenses contain. All of these components under the terms of this license, and not those conditions. "

Well, as we said, there are certain parts of the software is freeware and open source software and can not be legally changed.

Check out this site for more Tivo hacking / modification of the speech:
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/ind ...
http://www.dvrplayground.com

So if you need it, what you see them, like a dumb DVR to buy or build yourself. Take a look at MythTV software.

Larry V said...

A number 2 is a little hard to guess, as far as I know. But check out some web communities TiVo and you can add a pointer to advice on how to find it hack. In his case, piracy is the way to go, has no intention to use the software internally, so that most can be replaced.

Post a Comment